The final year B.Tech students from Horticulture department,TNAU were at Siruthuli for 10 days to know and learn about the environment and also share their knowledge and experience with us. The students with no idea about the environment turned to be ones who can make changes on the final day of their internship.
Every day students were taken through different aspects of environmental concerns and reality around us. Together the students participated in the tree planting activity of Siruthuli and also transformed a piece of land at Siruthuli to a valuable Herbal garden.
Field trips for students :
- Planting site at Podanur
- RAF – Vellalore to learn about Herbal garden
- Garbage dumpyard at Vellalore
Students were Involved in activities for practical learning:
- Afforestation drive Kavundampalayam in support with M/s GE Oil & Gas for planting 4500 saplings.
- Creating herbal garden at Siruthuli premises
- Identifying spots in Coimbatore for new rain water harvesting structures
- Sharing their expertise knowledge with other students in the awareness programme – Sittukkaludan Siruthuli
We thank the Horticulture department, TNAU and the professors involved in bringing the group to Siruthuli which in turn made the students take ownership of conserving Mother Earth and in doing their best for the current and the future generations.
The involvement and enthusiasm of the young people during the 10 days of journey was most appreciable and we wish them good luck for their future endeavors.